Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Update from Texas :)


Hi y'all ;)


You guessed it...I'm getting back to my Texas roots....(accent and all). So what are the Cooks up to lately? Wellllll, a whole lotta working....of sorts. Although in my last blog I told you that I had gotten a job at ETMC Behavioral Health Center (my dream job)...this has been delayed. I love Texas, but I absolutely HATE that they do not offer temporary licensure for MFTs. So yes, I have to take my exam before I will be able to get this license...and it is offered in May. There is NO WAY I can wait this long before getting back into therapy. So I decided to do the next best thing...get licensed as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). They offer their test next week. So for the last 4 weeks, I have been studying for this exam which is somewhat different from the regular MFT stuff. I have had to learn everything from Frued to career counseling. Needless to say, it is ALOT, but I'm hoping this will help me get into having a therapy job sometime soon. AND hopefully it will still be at the hospital. If you are wondering whether Josh had the same problems...he did. However, Sundown Ranch was great enough to allow him to shadow other therapists until he was able to get his license. Josh is now a LCDC (Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor). Well, he is almost anyway....he has to take their exam in June. However, now that he has this temporary license he is allowed to conduct therapy on his own. YAHOO! All prayers are needed for my exam that I am taking next week!!


As for Mr. Colt...he is crawling EVERYWHERE!!! His favorite thing....dog bowls. He will crawl miles as long as he can reach the dog bowls. Not sure what the fascination is but he really loves them. Anyway, he is just the cutest. He also has been going to preschool at Angel Keepers. HE LOVES playing with the other babies. I was really having mixed feelings about him going to "daycare" but he has really enjoyed it. I swear that by Sunday he gets fussy because he is ready to go back to school. When I pick him up, he is in the BEST mood. One day I picked him up and it was the CUTEST sight. I will have to get a picture of it next time....he and the 5 other babies in his class were riding around in a buggy. Imagine a buggy full of 6 cute little babies with big old grins. SO CUTE! Anyway, I am very happy that we are blessed enough to have such a great place for him to attend while we are at work.


Oh yes, so I am working right now as a receptionist at Rudd Contracting Co. My stepdad works here and got me the job as a temporary position until I get licensed. So I answer the phones! I actually really enjoy working here because the people are really great. Very Christian and fun atmosphere. I told them if they could hire a therapist I would love to stay! They considered it...;)


Well, I guess that is all! Weather in Texas is super crazy for Texas. Ice on the roads and several inches of snow! Hopefully Spring will hit soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment