Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A first that isn't so great....

Look at that poor baby boy....

This is a pic from the ER yesterday. It was Colt's first time to go to the ER. This year has been an abundance of firsts, but this one was not one that I'm particularly fond of....However, he is doing much better now! The hospital did a chest x-ray and sampled his snot and it came back as RSV...basically a respiratory infection that is hitting the little ones hard right now! Basically there is not much treatment we can do for him though...however we bought a nebulizer and doctor prescribed breathing treatments every four hours until it finally passes. Needless to say, I was a wreck yesterday morning. Poor thing woke up with a 103 fever and was definitely not himself. He also has a horrible cough and I could hear him wheezing really bad. Anyway, better safe than sorry I took him up to the ER for them to check him out. Really glad I did!

On a happier note, I have some other pics to share...



Yes he LOVES...let me repeat...LOVES Mommy's shoes!! Most mornings he will sit in there while Josh and I are getting ready for work and just pull each one off of the rack...one by one...and just investigate, and like you see...put them in his mouth. Some of you may be thinking EWWW, but hey whatever I can do to get him to entertain himself while I get ready....other Moms know how this is. He is just to die for cute. Of course the only thing I worry (being someone who is trained to think about disorders) is that he may end up having a shoe fetish one day ;) Who am I kidding, both his mommy and daddy LOVE shoes so he comes by it honest.

Have a BLESSED Wednesday my friends!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Poor guy!! I hope he feels better!! Oh and love the shoe pics!! SO funny!!

    ReplyDelete